Thursday, October 31, 2013

Should've Gone With The Craven Flick

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
(2004)


Dear God this was boring. It's a spoof of 1950s SciFi films, complete with a ridiculous looking, non-scary monster, a couple of aliens and a talking skeleton. The funniest part of the whole film was when the aliens "disguised" themselves as humans went tried to blend in at an impromptu dinner party. I can't believe this movie has 3.5 stars on Netflix.

A scientist and his wife are tracking a meteor in some backwoods place, at the same time that an alien couple crash-land, and an ambitions doctor of something is hiking, looking for the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra Cave (or was is Canyon?). Everyone wants the chihuahua-size meteor  for their own needs. Through in an escaped alien mutant and you've got yourself a movie. I've seen better 50's spoofs.

 3/5 ONLY because the uninvited guests scenes were hilarious.

Now on to the movie that I waited all year to watch...

2 comments:

  1. There's a sequel, The Lost Skeleton Returns Again, and I watched that a couple years ago. I have to say I liked it. This, however, I've never seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only worth watching to see them pretend to be human. I'll check out the sequel if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete