Tuesday, October 29, 2013

'They just didn't care!'

Attack of the The Eye Creatures (that's not a typo)

Attack of THE THE Eye Creatures. Nobody noticed.

      This is a soul-crushing color horror film from 1965 about lumpy wide-mouthed multi-eyed aliens that visit Earth for some reason. It's never really clear why. They're the least intimidating monsters and pretty weak. They explode when exposed to sunlight, for cripes sake. Or, as it turns out, ANY bright light.
     
      They're visit isn't a complete surprise, as the military had been tracking them for awhile and even predicted where they would land. And once they leave the saucer? Yeah, they just kinda wander around the woods at night without any sense of direction. They traveled untold distances throughout our galaxy, and they can't read a map, use aerial photography, or a compass. They were doomed from the start.
     
     So a bunch of snot nosed teenagers take matters into their own hands and rid the world of these beastly menaces that were just out for a stroll by means of simply turning on their headlights. Yeah, interstellar travelers thwarted by halogen bulbs. We had NOTHING to worry about.

     I knew this movie was bad, so I tried to spice it up by watching the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version...and sadly, it didn't help at all! Even the jokes were boring. So, I guess I can add this to the list and I never have to worry about watching it ever again.

Wednesday:  One more from my friend Clive

3 comments:

  1. Do you keep a physical list of what you've watched? I was using my blog but since MySpace rebooted and erased them all, I need a new strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm geeky enough to download and print a calendar in Word. Mostly because I don't want to repeat from the year before or years back or it reminds me of other movies I want to see. I always put in a couple back-ups just in case I can't find the movie or those dicks at Netflix remove them. Which happened twice this year. I usually plan throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to start printing a hard copy, too.

    ReplyDelete