Friday, October 31, 2014

Look At My Eyes!

Not of This Earth
1988



I will totally confess to watching this because I knew Traci Lords would get naked.

The movie was like a creepy version of the Blues Bros. Shades-wearing aliens from a dying, irradiated world are on earth milking humans for their blood; searching for a cure for radiation poisoning. Yeah, that didn't make sense to me either. Did I mention this stars Traci Lords?

Traci plays a nurse who gets a private gig working for some rich dude with a blood disorder, who needs daily transfusions. Guess who?

Creepy Wayfarer Shades kills a few folks, including Traci's friends, hypnotizes his doctor and plots of send all the special blood back to his home world. Eventually, he's foiled by Traci's kinda sexy cop boyfriend. But of course there's always another one where that came from. Queue breifcase-carrying New Shades Creepster.

This was a remake of a 1957 scifi feature and it wasn't bad for that fare. I should probably mention that the aliens can use mind control and kill people by looking at them. I guess when you run like a spazz you need to have some kind of offense plan.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this in 1989-90, and Traci's boobs are all I can remember. I may need to re-watch this.

    ReplyDelete