Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I've never met a puppet I didn't want to run over with a dozer...

Puppet Master

     I hate puppets. Why would I sign myself up to watch not 1, but 9 full length feature films about possessed murderess puppets? It's like sitting in an elevator for 12 hours with a clown. 
Fuck you, Charlie. Fuck. You.

     However, I'm NOT going to do them consecutively so it's 'every other night' till I'm done. These 9 films make up about 1/3rd of this months movies, so alternating is also going to keep me from going bananas.

     OK, this is somewhat of a well known movie to night owls like myself, but I've never actually sat through this. Since all the human cast are 'psychic' but completely forgettable, let's meet the puppet cast: We have a puppet with a knife and hook for hands, one with a drill-bit head, a strong man, a jester, and a female that barfs leeches. Somehow, all this made enough sense to someone, and encouraged them to put all their money towards making this a feature film shown in about 3 theaters and then destined to spend the rest of its life on Cinemax late night.

     As for the story, it's mostly about bad people getting killed and a little revenge by the puppets. I wouldn't say the puppets are the good guys, but clearly they look out for each other as they tore apart the main antagonist because he threw one of the other puppets across a room. Stiff penalty if you ask me. It's not a scary film, but none of them were really meant to be. My only real complaint would be the over-use of the flashback dreams.
This is creepy enough. Did I mention that I've watched BOTH Human Centipede movies?

     There are 2 ways to watch these: The chronological order, or the order in which they were released. If you did it chronologically, there are 4 movies before the original 1989 release. I chose to do it in the order they were released because it's just a mess otherwise.

Cast Highlights:

William Hickey!

...that's it.

Thursday: A powerful adaptation of a classic novel dealing with man's inner demons---OR---An over used story starring 2 supporting cast members from Star Wars.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Puppet Master's puppets always gave me the creeps.
    2. I won't watch Human Centipede; just too gross to think about.
    3. Think I know which story you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete