Thursday, October 10, 2013

Everyone's allowed a Mulligan, now and then...

I, Monster

Yeah, not the one you thought, was it?

     Oh dear gawwwd, 75 minutes of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing doing NOTHING. Nothing, but talking, being lame stuffy British bores during the Victorian era. Seriously, 75 minutes went by, I watched the whole thing, and I still have no idea what that turd was all about. Supposedly inspired by Stevenson's Jekyll and Hyde novel, and despite that fact, I was still bored to tears. According to Wiki, they were going to film it for 3D, but I can't understand why? There's no action, just a bunch of benign banter and then mercifully, the credits begin to roll. Made in 1971, I would consider this the malaise era of horror films. Sure, they're in color, but it's terrible. Sure, there's a story, but it's equally terrible. There are few films in that time period that I would consider good, and so many more like this example. There's no setting I can think of that would make this movie worth watching. No amount of alcohol, not even if they added boobs. This is a film that is thrown in as filler in those multi-feature DVD collections you find in discount stores. They take up space and they give the marketing department one more movie to add to the list. What a pointless movie...

     This is making the Puppet Master films look soooo much better.


Friday: Speaking of Puppets.....

3 comments:

  1. Actually, that was the right story. Christopher Lee has been in about 150 horror flicks, of which maybe 5 were worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm having trouble thinking of 2. No, Gremlins 2 isn't one of them, but maybe it should be.

    ReplyDelete