Sunday, October 7, 2012

Superman Meets The Undead

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
2010

Synopses: After her father is murdered by a monster, a woman calls detective Dylan Dog out of retirement.  You get to spent the next 90-odd minutes watching 2006's Superman take on werewolves, vampires, a giant flesh-eating zombie ,and an undead mega demon god.  All this in pursuit of some ill-got antiquities.

Review: I loved it mostly because it was funny and sort of unique.  Brandon Routh was distracting though.  I mean the guy is HUGE.  He actually looked physically uncomfortable in some scenes...like whenever he was all folded up in that tiny convertible, pretending to fit.  The romantic moments also looked awkward.  He and his costar had absolutely  zero sexual chemistry, and it was a disappointing tease to go from him taking off his shirt, to the gift-giving aftermath with no in-between sweaty nakedness.  BOO!

Sam Worthington was funny as Dylan's newly undead, high strung partner.  The practicality of zombie maintenance addressed here was both brill and disgusting.  I'll admit to not fully getting the hot dog gag...and I don't think I want to.

Why watch it?  Why not?  It's got Kurt Angle!

Kurt Angle and Brandon Routh

2 comments:

  1. Ah, saw this one last year, and I'm partial to Brandon since he grew up 2 houses away from me. Hell, his Dad re-roofed our old house. I think what bothered me about this is his acting was a little on the lean side. He can do the moves, but not much passion. However, I thought he was the perfect Superman.

    ReplyDelete