Monday, October 29, 2012

Not quite what I was expecting...

Howling
2012


So I thought this was some kind of Korean remake but it turned out to be a police drama about a newbie female detective trying to solve a series of murders involving a trained wolfdog, amid a sexist force that devalues her work.  I was really surprised to see a coworker slap her in front of everyone and not even the captain said a word...in 2012.  Anyway, the story was about a wolf-dog hybrid that was trained to specifically to kill the people behind a drug and child prostitution ring.  Justice gets served but it's up to you whether you think it truly had a happy ending considering Eun-yung really solved the case but still got busted back to cycle patrol.  However, I never saw an Asian move where there was a truly happy ending.  Still, she was relentless where everyone else was just looking to get a quick bust.  It's probably one of the better films I've seen in the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment