Sunday, October 28, 2012

Does my head look infected? Does this tutu make my ass look big?


 The Toxic Avenger


     Dateline: Tromaville, New Jersey. Melvin Ferd the third is a pathetic nerd. He works as a janitor in a health club and is bullied and pranked by a couple of psychos. After a prank goes right, then wrong, poor Melvin jumps out a window and into a vat of toxic waste, forever transforming him into Toxie, The Toxic Avenger. This would also be the last prank ever played on him. Throughout the movie, Toxie battles crime, corruption, and bad manners. He even helps open a jar for a suburban wife. 
     This is what I would consider a foundation movie. Films like this were the start of my steep descent toward the B-side of movie-land. I also think this should be one of the first low budget movies you should ever see.  My favorite scene is still when a mans head is crushed by the weight lifting equipment. Another thing I found funny was the  inconsistent voice over. He went from whiny nerd to a bit on the suave side. And look! I still have my original VHS:
Go Toxie!
Toxie Facts!--->

Toxie urinates green sludge.

Marisa Tomei is also in this film. I don't feel bad for not noticing.

Monday: Required Sequel

No comments:

Post a Comment