Saturday, October 14, 2017

No.

Psychomania


     Dear gawwd, what a dull and slow movie. The premise seems decent: Biker gang dabbling in the occult lean to die and be reborn....ya know, now that I've re-read that, I see the problem.

     A spoiled British biker gang leader figures out a way to come back from the dead and become immortal. So after proving this is possible, the rest of the biker game says "Fuck yeah, let's all go commit suicide!!!" I'm not making that up, and it's damn near verbatim.  And...man...that's really all it's about. 1/3rd of the movie is showing the various ways they commit suicide. And none of them were interesting. Drowning, falling off bridges, jumping out of windows and planes, driving into traffic.  In the end, the mother of the gang leader realizes her son is out of  control and gives up her ghost so the gang loses out on their immortality bid and become stone pillars.

     This film has reached cult status, but as I've said before, if it's only worth sitting through once, then it's really not a cult film. More of a cult experience. But even if you sit through it once, you'll never do it twice. I would sooner sit through a Puppet Master movie than slog through this bore-fest again. It's really too bad, because it's one of the coolest movie posters I've ever seen.

Sunday: I know, I know...but I have to finish this. Look on the bright side, there's only 3 left...

No comments:

Post a Comment