Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I never thought I'd hear a Rush song in a Michael Myers movie.

     Today, I had to do something I never wanted to do. I've read nothing good about it, and I avoided it like the plague. All of this due to one man's involvement. And let me further this by explaining that not only do I find him to be a bit of a hack, tool, and narcissistic twat, he also changed his name to reflect his rampant douche-baggery: Rob Zombie. Which means I'm watching his reboot or in his words, "re-imagining" of Halloween. How did it come to this?

Halloween (2007)




     According to Zombie, John Carpenter gave him the advice to 'make it his own'. And attempted to. Zombie made Michael's family into horrible people to which he kills all of them but the mother and infant sister. After seeing young Michael kill a hospital nurse, she can no longer cope and eats her gun leaving only baby Laurie the survivor. As with all things dealing with the Myers family, Dr. Loomis is directly involved and is the first one notified when Michael escapes 15 years later. That's when the butchering begins. And let me tell you, Michael just stabs the fuck out of EVERYONE that he sees. If you're in the room with him, you're dead. Period. Blood EVERYWHERE.



     What's sad about this whole affair is what I have to say next: It's really not that bad of a film. Though it's really more of a visual upgrade with decent acting and a bit beefier cast, it still adds  a couple of things we never got to see. For example, young Michael's experience in the sanitarium. The story-line is pretty much the same, but the end is a lot less ambiguous and more definitive. The last scene pretty well nailed it, and it hurts to say this...I really came into this KNOWING it was going to be bad...I mean this REALLY hurts...FFS, almost every critic panned it...even after commuting 220 miles round trip to make it a 12 hour shift...at the end of the day, I honestly liked it.

Fuck.

Check out the cast choices:

John Forsythe
Malcom Mcdowell
Brad Dourif
Clint Howard
Danny Trejo
Udo Kier
Sybil Danning
Micky Dolenz?!?!?!?!

Wednesday: I don't think Canadians are this Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment