Sunday, October 2, 2022

Guess who's back?...I guess....

Who's ready for another 31 movies filled with gimmicky plotlines lean on content?

ME!!! Just push play...

Resident Evil: The Final(?) Chapter



     First, a confession: I've never played the video games, I've never watched ANY of the seemingly endless sequels, never read any of the comic books/graphic novels. So this is the theoretical final movie ( we ALL know that's not true...ever.), and that is where I chose to start? Well, it's a little more complicated than that and also a really boring back story. But this is what I watched on the first day of October 2022!

...and naturally, I have no idea what's going on as it starts just after the last film. The Poppyclypse has just happened and our heroine emerges from a hole in the ground. Right away action happens, near death experiences everywhere she looks. And that happens throughout the movie. The main storyline is that an antivirus for the T-virus exists. In fact, it's always existed, but it was a big secret. One of her nemesis's (an artificial intelligence program) that she totally hates has decided to help her save the day, save the world...by killing off everything and everyone infected with the virus...by use of the antivirus! Really, thought that was the point of the nukes, but whatevs. After more near death experiences, she hooks up with some holdouts in a tall building, and somehow she convinces them to go with her and help save the day. Spoiler: Only 1 survives and it doesn't break my heart. The rest is pretty typical affair and I won't bore you with those details but I would like to note the epilog hints that even though the savior antivirus, which is ALSO a deadly virus to those infected (see above), there's more adventures to come because it takes time for the second deadly pandemic to spread. Proving once again, there's no such thing as a 'Final Chapter'. 


Sunday: I've no idea what I'm going to watch. I'm really behind on filling out my list because I have a life...mostly....

No comments:

Post a Comment