Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hawt or Nawt?

Monster Maker


This little ditty is from 1944, and stars a bunch of people that died long before I was born. It's old and grainy, and just the kind of movie I love to fall asleep to. I didn't say it was great, just a way to help induce sleep.

So this jerk Dr. Igor Markoff makes a move towards this great pianists hot daughter. The 12” pianist isn't cool with that so he tells Markoff to bugger off. As with anyone named 'Igor', the evil Dr. is not happy about that and secretly infects him with a substance that makes him become horribly disfigured. Like Elephant Man disfigured.
"Tell me the truth: do I look like a callus or a bunion?"
Theres a lot of terribly boring drama that fills in the weak story and it all ends with a gunshot. Despite all that filler, the film is only 62 minutes. 62 minutes! That's not a movie, that's an episode. I didn't hate this by any means, but it is rather droll and as I hinted at before, best watched while falling asleep. Don't sweat it if you don't see the end because you passed out. You're really not missing much.

Wednesday: This isn't a movie franchise, it's an endless loop of origin stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment