Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Fastest Way To Travel Is By Candlelight!

Stardust
2007



Stardust is the story of a lovesick shop boy who becomes a man when she shares an adventure with one woman, while trying to prove his love for another. A fair amount of fantasies are about gaining the favor of a woman...or vanquishing a hoard of bloodthirsty beasts and gaining a kingdom. This one's about the chick.

Anyway, I really don't have much to say about this. I like the movie. I've seen it a couple of times. It kind of reminds me of a cross between The Princess Bride and Everafter with maybe a twinge of The Witches and spritz of Legend. Truthfully, I only watched it this time because there was only so much idiocy I could take. I scheduled enjoyable breaks in between debacles. This was one of them.

One thing that is a little off about the movie is how quickly and without question Tristan accepts everything in Stormhold. Even after the candle ride, he never once stops to really question how that was even possible. I guess he's not a curious as his father was about the wonders beyond the wall. Also, being who he is, it may all make natural sense to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment