Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sake is for Bitches

FDR: American Badass

What a terrible movie...I must write a stern letter to Netflix about their suggestions. At the very least I was expecting to watch a black comedy. Instead I got the nocturnal emission of some tool frat boy with a history boner.



The opening sequence is a monologue with FDR prattling on about "badassery". After a hunting trip ends in him contracting polio from the bite of a werewolf, he quickly becomes a jackass, confined to a wheelchair and worried about his cock. I should mention that said werewolf looked like a cross between a Tamarind monkey and a Pomeranian.

Soon FDR - who starts calling himself "The Delano" and quoting hip-hop lyrics - embarks on a presidential campaign that takes him through the south, where he encounters your stereotypical Tennessee Williams/Faulkner-esque couple. The husband is a semi-suave drunkard, who's "free" with his tart-ish cousin-wife. They jump on the bandwagon and turn up several more times during the flick. Somewhere there's also and unfortunate "Living On A Prayer" skit, too.

Hilter, Hirohito, and Mussolini

Rifle with homophobic innuendo, fellatio references, tasteless polio jokes, people defecating in vases and international werewolves with bad perms, this was a headache-inducing exercise in futility. I'll admit that there were some funny moments but overall it's probably more enjoyable to the drunken, testosterone-fueled crowd.

Oh, and apparently sake is for bitches. Disrespect of of rice wine forces Japan to side with Germany and wage war. Like I said, terrible movie.


1 comment:

  1. I, um....loved this movie for it's absurdity. It was a snowy Saturday afternoon and I was doing some day-drinking but I have no regrets!

    ReplyDelete