Friday, October 10, 2014

Not what I'd call historically accurate

Bonnie & Clyde vs. Dracula

Trust me, you'll wish they die in this film

     Bonnie and Clyde are running around the countryside, chopping up rednecks and hillbillies, all the while planning a payroll robbery. During the robbery, one of the accomplices is shot. Since they 'kinda' like the guy, they seek help from a local doctor who just happens to be helping out an ailing Dracula. Poor Bonnie is turned into a vampire and thing just keep going to hell from there.

     Part comedy, part dumb horror, all done rather decent. Honest! Yes, I'm getting enough oxygen, and you read me right. Maybe it's the fact that nearly every movie I've watched this month has included the most flaccid of cinematic turds known to man kind. I know it's not the booze because I've watched all of them sober (so far, month is young). Truth be told, this was decent watch even if a bit corny (they didn't have remote control shock collars in 1934, dorks). Yes, there's some questionable acting, silly one-liners, and just goofy set pieces, but the only real complaint I have is the time. They managed to stretch it out for an hour and a half. At best? 45 minutes is all that's needed.

Saturday: Horror Queens and finer things....



No comments:

Post a Comment