Saturday, October 20, 2012

Might as well call it a bukkakie film...


 The Stuff

     Does it ever occur to you to eat an unknown throbbing substances on the ground? Me neither, but this is Horrorland, baby, and that's how movies open!
     Lets be honest, Stuff is basically a desert yogurt, and it's taking the world by storm. Everybody's doing it. Well, everyone but little guy Jason. He once saw the Stuff move on it's own, so he knows it's evil. Michael Moriarty is also on the case and I don't get his portrayal. He's trying to play a bit of a hick-ish former FBI agent turned industrial spy, but his accent keeps wandering. Regardless, he's now fully vested into finding out what this stuff is, since it's tried to kill him multiple times. Throughout the movie, he enlists the help of a rather odd cast: Paul Sorvino, Garrett Morris, Danny Aiello, and there's even a cameo by Abe Vagoda.
     Less a horror film than a Saturday afternoon crap show, this was another on the long term wish-list. It's becoming clearer that I really DO need to be careful what I wish for, as I'm getting it and it's less than awesome.
Is there something on my chin?


     Today is double header day as I skipped last night. I'm also afraid to announce that there will be an intermission until the 25th. Work dictates a business trip, and I'm not trusting TSA with my laptop.

1 comment:

  1. LOL You beat me to this one, too. Don't worry about the intermission. With two midterms, I'm way behind in my movie watching and really can't catch up until the 24th-ish.

    ReplyDelete