Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Everybody's Horny!!!!

Horns (2014)




     Poor Ig is accused of murdering and raping his girlfriend. Everyone KNOWS he did it (spoiler, he didn't), and he's pretty much blacklisted from everywhere and everything.  With reporters following him around 24/7, he's finding it hard to function while the police investigation continues.

     Then horns start growing out of his head after hooking up with a local bar maid. Better  yet, people start revealing their deepest darkest fantasies and confessing to past indiscretions. Being wise, he comes to the realization that he can use this to make people confess EVERYTHING. Sadly, he finds out most everyone hid or covered up something to save their own ass and leave him to hang. Because sometimes family just sucks and everybody knows it. Once the murderer is found (NOT spoiling, but it's pretty obvious in the first 15 minutes), it's time to wrap the film up with a less-than ambiguous ending. And I'm very thankful for that because sometimes I'm tired and I want the ending, motives, and meanings to be spelled out for me. 

Add caption

     I'm not sure why this was billed as a horror film, but it just eeks by as a qualifier and I'm glad for that because it was a great movie. That's also a problem because I may have peaked too early this year. Then again, maybe Sharkenstein will change my mind...

I would also like to note that I did NOT make a single Harry Potter pun DESPITE THE OVER-ABUNDANCE OF SNAKES IN THIS FILM. 

Thursday: The kind of direct-to-video film that they don't even bother putting on a DVD...

No comments:

Post a Comment