Sunday, October 9, 2011

Leviathan

Well that was mediocre.  I'd like to attribute my lack of enthusiasm to the film being dated but I suspect it would have sucked if i saw it in '89, too.  What's to say?  Some minors stumble across a downed Russian boat, ingest some tainted hooch and become the lantern fish from hell.  It's like "The Blob" meets "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" in the middle of the ocean with the Man Who Would Be Robocop and Winston Zeddemore.


Side note: Meg Foster is also in here.  Damn her eyes are creepy.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember this movie! Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the big monster have the faces of all the 'souls' at one point? It seemed so out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that didn't really make any sense because you'd think if this creature's genetic makeup drives it to absorb and assimilate other genetic material, it would do a better job of dissolving it. It doesn't make any sense for the new components to maintain brain function to the point where they could speak.

    ReplyDelete