Thursday, October 17, 2019

The title says it all....

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies



     I've never read Pride & Prejudice, nor do I plan on doing so. I read, but this subject matter doesn't pique my interest in the slightest. This is a weird occasion in what I thought I knew what I was in for but was gravely wrong. First of all, I wasn't expecting it to be serous! I knew it wasn't a comedy, but maybe satire? None of that! Everyone acted as though they were moving into Oscar territory and the acting wasn't that bad!

     Second, it's actually a well designed mash-up of the original book, then the zombie book, and now a movie. The movie itself is of decent quality and the pacing as such I never really got bored. It was windy, but I think it pales in comparison to the original book based simply on the size of it. Surprisingly, the dialog isn't bad as long as you listen to it. There's a possibility that I might have missed out on some inside nuances because I haven't read the novel, but it all seemed inconsequential. It's just a damn period piece zombie movie, right?


 But here's my biggest gripe. I paid 3.99 for this! I didn't have a damn choice. When I picked it out in very late September, it was still on Crackle....but come October, it was removed. I was forced to pay and stream on Amazon. Soooo whhhhy? Why the fuck would you do that during the horror month? Why would you remove horror movies from your streaming site RIGHT WHEN IT'S MOST SEASONABLE?!? You don't do this during Christmas, so why would you do this and still promote your streaming site with a straight face? God, SONY, you just suck!

Oh, and Matt Smith tried to steal the show. Without a doubt, best character in the film.

Friday: Only 1 of 2 left to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment