Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Childhood Memory Ruined

Swamp Thing
(1982)


I remember this being a much better movie than it was.  I can buy the formula transforming him, considering what went down, but the later explain of the formula enhancing your inner being was just preposterous even for the 80s.  I mean the Doc Holland was working on binding planet and animal cells.  How do you get a human opossum out of that?

The politician out for his own gain, throwing a party full of sycophants and prostitutes was spot on, though.  The party provided extra nudity.  In typical 80s fashion you got to see some naked, natural breastseses.  So far I have not been able to score another full-frontal male shot since Basket Case - and I'd rather forget that.  Damn it...too late.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...much like you, I loved this movie when I was young. I'm sure it's just as you say, not near as great as it once was thought. However, it still can't be near as bad as the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, two words: Heather Locklear.

    ReplyDelete