Sunday, October 23, 2011

Obligatory Monster Movie: Check

Gojira
(1954)


I hate to say it but the dub version was actually better.  I totally stopped watching it half way through.  It was just playing in the background while I did everything else.  One thing I did notice compared to the dub is that this is (I think) the first movie I've ever seen Godzilla kill people in.  I mean he just roasted some folks in their own car and that was just one incident.  I mean this was 1954!  Usually people bought it off screen during this era, didn't they?  I'll have to pay more attention to later Godzilla movies.  I'm not sure I want to see the sequel to this but I am curious to see how much was edited out of the dubbed version.

2 comments:

  1. Damn it...I got slammed back to working afternoons and evenings till someone is hired and trained, leaving no time to watch movies. Shifts like that just ruin your whole day. But, at least my new cat is feeling better. And 100% less wormy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Eww worms.) I vote that we just go until each of us has 31 movies. Fuck deadlines.

    ReplyDelete